Friday, July 03, 2009

Farewell Weekend Part 3: Edwardsville & St. Louis






After leaving Champaign-Urbana, Emalie and I headed back to her place in Edwardsville. We went into St. Louis (about a 15 min drive) for the evening and she begrudgingly let me make some photos of her. The last photo is looking back at Illinois from the west side of the Mississippi. Although I cross this river a lot, sometimes multiple times daily, I generally return to the east side to sleep... along with 2/3 of the United States. But for the next 6 months I'll be residing many-a-mile west of her banks- in Kansas, which coincidentally is the state of my birth. Anyway, it was a great weekend hanging out with friends and family and a great sendoff for my internship.

Hasta luego Illinois, hola Kansas...
-Pat

No comments: