Friday, July 03, 2009

Farewell Weekend Part 2: Champaign-Urbana












The second stop on my journey out to Kansas was my old college home of Champaign-Urbana. Brad and I drove down and we met up with my brother Garrett, who is living in Champaign for the summer, my girlfriend Emalie, who drove in from the QC to enjoy the weekend with us, and my good friend Maria, who managed to keep livin' the college dream by getting jobs in this great town. We all went over to Maria's on Thursday night for some sushi makin', berry pickin' and archery. Then we went out to Murphy's Pub to relive some typical Thursday night college revelry. On Friday we went to a few stories downtown Champaign and then had an excellent evening with bread, hummus, and wine. Brad left Saturday morning via train back to Chicago, but Emalie and I stuck around and chilled out with Garrett for another night. On Sunday my parents came down to visit Garrett and we all went out to lunch before Emalie and I left in our seprate cars to her place in Edwardsville...

1 comment:

Garrett said...

Love the shots (and thanks for letting me steal this collection). Running through them is like reliving the weekend. You really captured the life. My only problem with this post is the description... I mean, your grammatical parallel form is way off: "sushi makin', berry pickin' and archery" should read (either) "sushi makin', berry pickin', and arrow shootin'" or "sushiry, foragery, and archery." Not that I'm being picky, I'm just messing with you. You know, 'cause you're my brother. And we're brothers. Nah, great stuff. I'm off to comment on your other latest photo-makin'&takin' posts now. Good seeing you off last weekend - have yourself a time out there. I'll be looking forward to seeing it.