Thursday, July 02, 2009

Farewell Weekend Part 1: DeKalb






So, I'm all moved to Kansas now and beginning my third day of work at The Hutchinson News. I don't have internet at my apartment yet- hopefully it'll be hooked up on Monday. Also, I'm still going through and editing photos from my travels before getting all the way out to Kansas. This weekend I hope to get caught up on editing and I'll put up my first Kansas posts early next week and then I'll be up to date on the blog. For now, here's the first installment of my farewell to Illinois tour, which included DeKalb, Champaign-Urbana, and Edwardsville.

Last Wednesday I headed east (the opposite direction of Kansas from Rock Island) to DeKalb and hung out with good buddies and fellow former Daily Illini shooters Brad Vest and Beck Diefenbach for some beers and photo banter. Good times for sure.

On Thursday Brad and I headed down to Chambana... the photos from which I will post as soon as possible.

Cheers for now,
Pat

1 comment:

Garrett said...

Gotta love that pig shot. Screams hard work and tragedy all at once. Poor piggy. Great job.