Friday, July 03, 2009

Dust, Sweat and Wheat








On Thursday I went out to cover the last of the wheat harvest in this part of Kansas. Basically my editor gave me the keys to a car and said to drive west until I found some combines cutting wheat. Since it had rained the night before we figured I'd have to drive fairly far to find something, however, within just a few miles of leaving the city limit, I came upon a group of guys cutting wheat and loading trucks. They were extremely nice about letting me shoot- they were all for me taking a ride in one of the combines and climbing up onto a semi as the grain cart deposited its load. Then I hung around until they were finished and shot the guys cleaning off the combines. It was an excellent day and I definitely increased my tan at the same time. Since I've been here it's been nothing but sunny with highs in the 90s and 100s.

More to come soon,
Pat

2 comments:

Garrett said...

So you did make it in time for the harvest. Excellent. And great textures! Ha. I really like the dangly-wheat shot. With the dude cleanin' the combine.

Roxana said...

love the updates patty. esp the urbana ones. your girlfriend is pretty. i like her ring. i miss urbana. i am kind of scared of the dead owl. kansas scares me in general. love always.