Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I need to make more photos





The weekend went by pretty quickly and now I´m back into my weekend routine volunteering in the mornings and hanging out, doing random stuff in the afternoons and evenings. Friday night a bunch volunteers and some other friends had a bonfire, which was pretty sweet. Bob played guitar and we sang along with the songs we knew and conversed in the several different languages that were represented there. Another volunteer, Joel, from England moved back into the house I´m staying in after a month-long trip to Mexico. He got in on Saturday and since then we´ve been hanging out with Jasmina and Fry, two of the kids at the house, and playing a lot of games.

Lately I´ve gotten into a really relaxing slow pace of life- hanging out with people, going to the market, cooking, sitting in the hammock and reading, etc. It´s really great but I haven´t been making as many photos as I´d like to. So this week and from now on I´m resolving to shoot a lot everyday. So, by my next post the success or failure of that idea will be apparent. Until then, these are a few photos from hanging out with Joel and the kids at mi casa and a couple from volunteering.

Cheers,
Pat

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Pat! I'm glad that you've been able to post pretty regularly...you've got some amazing photos! I'm trying to live vicariously through you as I sit in my little Michigan town. I can't wait to see more! Enjoy!
~Katie

Garrett said...

yeah dude, makin' pictures. good to see you've been doing so, sorry to hear it hasn't been as much as you like. oh, just fyi.. the past few days of my life have been ruined by digg.