Thursday, February 26, 2009

Watching the world light up









I hiked up La Nariz again on Sunday. This time I left my house with a few friends around 4am and got to the top around 6:30am just in time to watch the sun rise. It was definitely epic watching the world light up starting with beautiful Lake Atitlan. After the lights were on we hiked a little further along the ridgeline and then down another camino back to San Juan. I probably won´t be posting anymore for a while. I´m leaving San Juan tomorrow on a week long trip to the northern jungle region of Guatemala called the Peten. I´m visiting two Mayan ruins sites, one with a lot of tourist services where I´ll stay at a hotel and one that I have to walk 2 days through the jungle to reach, which is still being excavated. Should be a crazy cool time. Hopefully my anti-malarial pills do their job.

Cheers,
Pat

1 comment:

Erica Magda said...

wow. beautiful. the first one and the guy looking out at the light especially- really nice pat.