Thursday, February 05, 2009

Another Week


Gaspar, left, is one of the kids at Centro Maya that now goes to the regular school in San Pablo. He has a skin condition that causes blisters to form all over his body, which makes daily life harder for him.



Bob and Jeanne have a series of gardens for some of the families in San Juan and San Pablo next to their house in San Juan. Here, Domingo´s mom tends to her patch.



This is another family I visited with Jeanne before she flew back to the US. They´re digging a hole for a bathroom, which has to be about 10 meters deep. One of the kids is in the hole digging and then they haul the dirt up with a pulley system.



Other family members watch the work.



Jenna does some physical therapy with Rosalia, one of the kids at the center. Usually I help feed her at snack time.



The single muelle (dock) for San Pablo.



The week isn´t quite over, but I thought it a good time to post anyway. The photos are all from this week, but it´s definitely a hodgepodge of different things this time. This week has gone by pretty fast. I visited a few more families with Jeanne and will probably go back to shoot more with one of them this weekend. Other than that I´ve mostly been cooking for myself, reading, and hanging out with people. Not too much else to say. More to come soon.

Adios,
Pat

3 comments:

Erica Magda said...

wow that last one is really pretty- looks like it belongs in a book. i like the moment with the little girl by the tree. nice patty.

Roxana said...

PATTY oh god these are so good. i really love the garden and domingo's mom. my neighbors are 3 generations of guatemalan men who are all named Domingo. I love them too.

Garrett said...

hey bro... got your postcard (yeah, I'm slow at checking my mail). no worries about the ride, I was more than happy to send you off, eh! juuust kidding. I've been showing your pictures off to some of my friends. they's real nice. keep it up, I'll keep things lively stateside.