Sunday, August 30, 2009

Before the Friday Lights


High School football season is almost upon us. I've been shooting lots of team photos and practice stuff lately for a big football preview special section coming out this week. This photo is an outtake from some random shooting with a team in Marion, KS before shooting the actual assignment- a portrait of their coach for the football tab cover. In order to keep myself on my toes for the high school football season, I'm going to try to make at least one feature photo during every game or high school football related event that I shoot throughout the season, hopefully revealing different aspects of the sport than just the game action we usually print. At the end I hope to make a nice photo essay for an Ad Astra photo page out of it reviewing what it's like for the athletes off of the field during their season of hard work. So I'll try to post a few outtakes after every Friday night, but save the best photos for the end package. That's my plan. We'll see how it all pans out.

Cheers,
Pat

No comments: