Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The pages





Here's how the layout worked in Sunday's paper for my story about Steven. I was really happy with how much real estate we were able to get. It's definitely the first time I've seen a 6 column photo appear in the Dispatch/Argus since I've been here. Getting to work on this story was a beautiful way to cap off my internship and was certainly the largest and most compelling story I've produced thus far in my career. I'm looking forward to working on a follow-up in a few months.

Today was the last day of the internship. It's definitely been an awesome experience working with some great photographers, reporters, and editors; really an invaluable learning experience. Although I'm very excited to move on with my next plans, I'll definitely miss coming into the office and seeing all the great people at the Dispatch and the Rock Island Argus.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Looks great! Nice job, Pat.

Roxana said...

it really looks nice patty- awesome that you got all that space. im glad they used the photo on the bed so large. sweet.