Wednesday, September 23, 2009

MacBook Pro


Last Monday my 5-year-old 12-inch Apple Powerbook G4 finally died- about a month before I'd spilled water on it. I immediately turned it off and then let it dry out for a week after encasing it in rice to absorb any excess moisture. When I turned it on again the screen was dead but when I hooked it up to another monitor, I found that the computer worked. So I'd been using my laptop basically as a desktop until last Monday when, after restarting during a software update, everything went blank.

Yadda, yadda, yadda... I got my new 13-inch MacBook Pro this Monday. I was able to pretty much seamlessly transfer everything from my old computer to my new one via Firewire cable. Apparently my old hard drive was not dead and all my programs, music, browser bookmarks, photos and documents were transferred over- even my desktop background- when my new computer booted up after set-up. I don't mean for this post to be an Apple ad, but I was thoroughly impressed by how easily everything transferred over. It was brilliant. Anyway, hopefully in the next few days I'll get caught up on posting images from the last few days of the Kansas State Fair and a few other things I've been up to since being sent temporarily into the dark ages.

Cheers,
Pat

No comments: